Public Works Department
The Department of Public Works maintains the Townships streets, shade trees, storm and sanitary sewers, traffic signals, public parks, buildings, and grounds.
Public Works also efficiently maintains a large assortment of service vehicles and equipment to provide excellent maintenance in the Township of Chatham.
Residents hire a private contractor for garbage collection and are free to choose any licensed refuse hauler. Many residents utilize Chatham Disposal who can be reached at 973-379-1268.
Chatham Township offers single stream recycling every other Friday. Morris County MUA is responsible for picking up recyclables. Residents are encouraged to put recyclables at their curb before 6:00 AM. If you have questions, please call 973-659-3490.
- View the 2017 recycling schedule here.
- View the 2017 Household Hazardous Waste and Computer TV Drop-Off Events here.
- See what items are not permissible here and view simple recycling tips here.
- Learn about proper syringe disposal here.
- Learn about large rigid plastic recycling here.
- Shredded paper Preparation here.
- Recycling plastic bags here.
TANGLEWOOD LANE COMPOSTING FACILITY
Learn about the Tanglewood Compost facility here.
GRASS: CUT IT AND LEAVE IT PROGRAM
Learn about the benefits of leaving your grass clipping on your lawn here.
View the Chatham Township Perspectives video about the Department of Public Works here.