On March 10, 2015, the New Jersey Supreme Court issued a ruling which removed the approval of municipal planning for the provision of affordable housing within the municipality from the Council on Affordable Housing to the judiciary.
Municipalities which desired to continue participate, as the Township of Chatham has, in the affordable housing process had until July 8, 2015 to file with the judiciary.
Keep abreast of the latest public hearings and discussions on affordable housing taking place at the Chatham Township Committee and Planning Board by viewing their agendas here.
View recent news articles on this subject below:
TAP Into Chatham
TAP Into Chatham
The following are the Township of Chatham's Legal Notice and filing:
- Legal Notice for Declaratory Judgment
- Complaint for Declaratory Judgment
- Notice of Motion for Temporary Immunity;
- Order Granting Temporary Immunity;
- Brief in Support of Motion,
- Certification in Support of Motion
- Response of the Fair Share Housing Center to the Township of Chatham Motion for
- Order Granting Temporary Immunity for Mt. Laurel Lawsuits and Scheduling Order
- Letter Brief in Further Support of Motion to Extend Time
- Letter from Judge Hansbury with Chatham Summary by Bansich
- Letter from Judge Miller with Preliminary Decision
- Letter to Judge Hansbury with Judge Miller's Preliminary Decision
- Township of Chatham Order Granting Extension of Temporary Immunity and Time within which to Submit an Expert Report
- Resolution authorizing Settlement Agreement with the Vernon Grove Condominium Association, Inc.
- Settlement Agreement
The above will be supplemented as developments warrant.