On March 10, 2015, the New Jersey Supreme Court issued a ruling which removed the approval of municipal planning for the provision of affordable housing within the municipality from the Council on Affordable Housing to the judiciary.
Municipalities which desired to continue participate, as the Township of Chatham has, in the affordable housing process had until July 8, 2015 to file with the judiciary.
Keep abreast of the latest public hearings and discussions on affordable housing taking place at the Chatham Township Committee and Planning Board by viewing their agendas here.
Affordable Housing Frequently Asked Questions, Updated November, 2019
Affordable Housing Frequently Asked Questions - Posted November, 2017
Township of Chatham - November 14, 2019 PILOT Presentation
Chatham Township Report to the Residents: Implementation of the Court Approved Affordable Housing Agreement
View recent news articles on this subject below:
Chatham Township Municipal Building to Be Turned Over for 65 Affordable Housing Units; Senior Center to Be Temporarily Moved
View the Chatham Township Committee meeting from November 8, 2017 where the concept plan for Dixiedale Farm was discussed.
TAP Into Chatham
Chatham Township Committee Unanimously Votes to Rezone Dixiedale Farm from Single-Family to Multi-Family
After Listening to Citizen Concern About Traffic, Chatham Township Planning Board Passes Resolution to Rezone Dixiedale Farm
Owner Who is Selling Dixiedale Farm to Developer: "I wanted to keep it as a farm" - Chatham NJ News - TAPinto
TAP Into Chatham
Chatham Township Planning Board Votes to Designate Skate Park as 'Area in Need of Redevelopment
72 condo units to remain affordable housing in Chatham Township
TAP Into Chatham
Chatham Township Passes Resolution to Extend Vernon Grove Affordable Housing Controls for 72
The following are the Township of Chatham's Legal Notice and filing:
- Order on Fairness and Preliminary Compliance Hearing
- Master’s Report for a Mount Laurel Fairness and Compliance Hearing
- Township of Chatham Amendment to Affordable Housing Settlement Agreement
- Settlement Agreement 12/13/18
- Legal Notice for Declaratory Judgment
- Complaint for Declaratory Judgment
- Notice of Motion for Temporary Immunity;
- Order Granting Temporary Immunity;
- Brief in Support of Motion,
- Certification in Support of Motion
- Response of the Fair Share Housing Center to the Township of Chatham Motion for
- Order Granting Temporary Immunity for Mt. Laurel Lawsuits and Scheduling Order
- Letter Brief in Further Support of Motion to Extend Time
- Letter from Judge Hansbury with Chatham Summary by Bansich
- Letter from Judge Miller with Preliminary Decision
- Letter to Judge Hansbury with Judge Miller's Preliminary Decision
- Township of Chatham Order Granting Extension of Temporary Immunity and Time within which to Submit an Expert Report
- Resolution authorizing Settlement Agreement with the Vernon Grove Condominium Association, Inc.
- Settlement Agreement
The above will be supplemented as developments warrant.
Chatham Township: Report # 2 to the Residents
Implementation of the Court Approved Affordable Housing Agreement
Ordinance 2018-23 Phasing of Affordable Units
Ordinance 2018-22 Adopting Redevelopment Plan
Chatham Order Granting Partial Judgment on Hearing May 4, 2018
Case Management Order on Fairness Hearing Dated March 27, 2018
June 20, 2017 Order of the Honorable Maryann L. Nergaard, JSC and The Honorable Michael E. Hubner, JSCHonorable Michael E. Hubner, JSC
Opposition of Vernon Grove Condominium Association, Inc., to Extension of Affordability Controls - August 29, 2016
CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER - August 23, 2016
Fair Share Housing Center’s objection to the Township’s Housing Element and Fair Share Plan - July 5, 2016
Order Scheduling Hearing Regarding Entry of Final Judgment - May 16, 2016
Judge Stephan C. Hansbury Letter, dated February 10, 2016, to Steven Kunzman, ESQ.
Letter to Judge Stephan C. Hansbury, dated January 14, 2016, regarding experts
Econsult Solutions, LLC, report titled " Affordable Housing Need and Obligations Report," dated December 30, 2015.
Submission of Draft Housing Element and Fair Share Plan to the Superior Court on
April 4, 2016.